Thursday, September 20, 2012

Getting Things Underway

As a young professsional it naturaly followed that my first food purchase after the blog's inception should be dinner from Starbucks. (I say "dinner" because I work 3rd shift, so noon is like midnight for me. Thankfully, Emmy's schedule is much more normal.) The location I visited--as I was racing out on errands--happens to be right next to our local grocers, Copp's. But more on that later. Sad or not, I've visited this particular location with varying frequency for a least a year and a half running. Needless to say the whole shop knows me by name. Candance, who hasn't worked there very long, fixed up the usual & a snack to go with:

~Cheese Danish 420calories
~Cafe Mocha, grande 360calories
~sample, Cinnamon Swirl calories unknown
-------------------------------------------------------
$6.33                                 780 known calories

(Information from Starbucks' pamphlets)

That, my Hungry friends is a lot of calories for $6.33. Candace even toasted the danish, which was an unexpected happiness on an otherwise chilly September morning. The cinnamon swirl was nice, but I'm not much of a cake person so after the cinnamony taste the cake quality was lost on me.

I used to spend $60-$80 (roughly 120 pounds/eruos-160) a month on mochas alone, but now it's more like $15-$30 (30-60 pounds/eruos), a much more manageable amount. Reigning in your cravings can be hard, especially when you first come into a steady job, like I had last summer.

More on coffee and Starbucks coming this weekend!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment