Sunday, June 23, 2013

Eating Back To Front

Boy, do I have adventures to tell you folks about! But first, recipes!

Who knew cabfage could be so yummy? A quick list of what we've been eating in the past month leading up to our grand exit from Wisconsin.

~Roasted Cabbage w/ Crisped Pancetta

~Sopa de Ajo (Spanish Garlic Soup)

~Garlic Stir-Fried Snap Peas

~Baked Chicken Breasts w/ Sage Shallot Apple Dressing
(We haven't had a chance to try this one yet.)

~Strawberry Soup


~Strawberry Muffins
mmmmmmmmmm


STRAWBERRY MUFFINS

2 Cups flour
1/3rd Cup white sugar
5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1 Cup plain whole milk yogurt
1 lemon, zest of
4 Tb unsalted butter, melted
1.5 Cups chopped strawberries

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a standard 12-cup muffin tin. Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, mix until combined. Make a well in the center. Beat egg seperately and melt butter. Add to the dry mixture. Add the rest of the wet ingredients. Trust me on the yogurt. Add chopped up strawberries. Stir until combined, do not overmix.
Put batter evenly into muffin tin, bake 20-30 minutes, or until crowns have browned and feel firm when you tap them. Enjoy!

SUMMER STRAWBERRY SOUP

So, I went to find the recipe for this, and it turns out I have the cookbook with me. (We're on the road) But the problem, in looking at this recipe, is that I can easily see that I've changed it since taking it from the book three years ago. My recipe for this is on a card back at the apartment, so I'll have to report on this later. :)

Lots of love,
xoxoxo
Kim & Emmy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment